Thursday, November 13, 2008

bootleg book review

So, I just realized that I took a break from blogging...without saying I would take a break.
Awesome.
Let me explain a little something about myself: I am a book fanatic. Seriously. Example: Of all the Harry Potter books in the entire series (yes I read HP; wanna fight about it?), the maximum time used for completing just one book was less than two days. One of the books is 870 pages deep. Now, I'm not limited to the wacky wizarding hijinks that occurs at Hogwarts; I pretty much read anything that will catch my eye and imagination by at least the second paragraph. Tananarive Due, Octavia Butler, Walter Mosley...the list literally goes on. My love for reading is almost as strong as my love for music, and depending on the genres of said loves, I may participate in some fraternization of the two. Yes, I'm greedy; damn it.

Moving along...the reason behind my brief "disappearance" lies here. You're looking at the follow-up novel to Sister Soulja's "The Coldest Winter Ever". This is one of those books that sneaks up on you. There you are, enjoying some quiet reading time on the couch...uh-oh, it's getting late...better just read one more chapter, or at least finish the one you started...and before it's too late, it's 3am and you've read half the book.


Or maybe that's just me. :)


Anyways, I'm not some professional, ridiculously high paid book reviewer, so I'll keep it short. If you're a fan of this author...well, you should already have the book. Ha. If you're not a fan of the author but a fan of reading, pick it up.

And if you'd like to have your mind somewhat blown by a fictional character's views on your very own morals, values, mores, religion, race...


...I'm giving the book away. Borrow it, purchase it. READ IT.








(deuces.)

No comments: