Thursday, November 20, 2008

"...when it hits, you feel no pain...so, hit me with music..."

The break may be over now. Not sure, really. I just really needed some time to think about certain events highlighting my life, and over thinking could cloud the gut instinct-type decision I've already made to handle the situation.

Now, the reason of this post: if anyone has been reading the random things that show up on this blog, you'll know that I am a music fiend. I'm an 80s baby, so by default I should be accustomed to the wonderful sounds of Hip Hop, but noooo; I tend to share my love of all things music with all genres. Yes, country music even gets love from me, too. Gasp.

The genre I listen to usually mirrors my mood. If I'm in a sad mood (as of now), I tend to listen to jazz (Dizzy), blues (Lena&Billie), or old school R&B. No, I'm not talkin' "...never trust a big butt and a smile!" (sidenote: If you clicked the link, I'm not saying this song isn't classic. I'm just taking it a little further back. That song was actually my favorite song as a little [little] girl.), I'm talking about Phyllis (one of my personal faves), Chaka, Gladys, Tina; Teena, Luther, Marvin (swoon), et cetera. Sometimes I may have a thought in my head that brews uncontrollably, so I accompany the mental storm with Igor Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring". Note: Vaslav Nijinsky was a sick choreographer. So there is a positive to being a (sometimes) moody woman...finding the best song to describe your feelings at the time, especially if there's not a soul who will understand how're you're feeling right now. You know what I mean.

Today, I stumbled across some music on Imeem.com--they've stepped their game up on the html tip and decided that they'd like the music to be continuous during your cyber visit. So, intstead of the music stopping if you've only selected one song, poof! Some little Imeem wizard automatically takes you to another mp3, "randomly" selected according to the artist/genre you chose. I can't even remember what I've been listening to; I was feeling pretty random today, so I just let my ears drown in whatever I stumbled upon. All of a sudden, there it was.


Now, to some people; at first listen it may persuade you to break out the glo-sticks and pacifiers, but it's really a decent song. Great "believe in yourself!" themed lyrics, upbeat tempo; something you can vibe and maybe two step to. There's a mellow voice to sweeten the pot, not Fantasia, but not yet Clay...but not yet Kelly...that American Idol manufactored voice that you may rarely like. Sorry, Idol fans.

Point is, given my situation, I may have never given this song a listen until now. I'm not saying that this is the techno power ballad to end all techno power ballads...but it's damn sure a picker-upper.

Then the Imeem wizard must have felt my desire to laugh, so poof! This played after.


LMFAO.

(deuces.)

No comments: