Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ha! midnight's a hit!

"Sister Souljah's Latest Novel Is New York Times Best Seller"

Hey, I didn't make this stuff up. I was checking one of my fave hiphop sites for some news, and the story popped up. I finished the book less than a day after I posted my bootleg book review.

The story was remarkable, and it looks as if most of the world thinks so as well. And by "world", I mean the New York Times Best Seller List. Ha.

Next book I'm going to read? Not entirely sure. Toni Morrison's A Mercy looks like it may be pretty good, but when reading anything she's authored, I have to make sure I read nothing else during that time. Seriously. Morrison's novels sometime have the tendency to be the definition of complex. There will be a lot of rereading, re-analyzing, head scratching and "wtF?!" moments in this novel. I'm sure of it.

Have you seen/read Beloved?
Exactly.

*update* I just read the synopsis of A Mercy, via wikipedia. It's set two centuries earlier than Beloved, so it's technically a prelude to the latter. Looks like I'll need to perform some mental calisthenics before I crack this one open.


(deuces.)

No comments: