Friday, March 13, 2009

Why June 2, 2009 Will Be One Of The Best Days Of My Life

One name:
DILLA.
J Dilla
Ma Dukes and Pete Rock have teamed up decided to release a project of unreleased beats and samples by the one and only J Dilla. Titled Jay Stay Paid (J$P), this album will feature music from Dilla's old DATs and floppy disks, as well as a few tracks laid down while he was in the hospital.

I read about this online and was uber psyched. As a huge Dilla fan, any word on an album is good news in my book. But this had to be what sealed the deal for me:


The format of the album plays like a radio show with Pete Rock acting as a radio DJ. While largely instrumental, J$P also features guest vocals from artists Black Thought of The Roots, MF DOOM, and M.O.P. All are artists that Dilla worked with or admired.

Black Thought?! Doom?!? Anddddd M.O.P.?!?!?! Pete Rock acting as radio DJ?! Nerdgasm. Nerdgasm!
The album drops June 2nd via Nature Sounds. I will have it in my collection as early as June 2nd. Oh yes!
(deuces.)

3 comments:

amirah. said...

dope, dope, DOPE!

Little Miss Knobody said...

I'm a huge Dilla fan so i agree that this is going to be awesome!

Ziggy Za. said...

Amirah and Miss Knobody-As soon as I can find out exactly where I can buy it, it will be mine!