Thursday, January 22, 2009

no che!

For the record...Che Guevara was an inspirational man. In my opinion. So imagine my excitement when I heard (a longgggg time ago) that Benicio Del Toro was going to bring him back to life! Che was screened last May at the Cannes Film Festival, and Del Toro even won an award there for Best Actor for his portrayal of Guevara. Trust, I've been keeping track on this, I heard it was to be released to movie theaters for everyone's viewing pleasure.

So I waited...

And I waited...

...only to find out that it had already been released in December in LA and NYC! WTF?! I've gotta drive/fly to see this movie?! Where's the justice in that? Turns out it was released early to qualify for Oscar nods,which didn't happen. It's Che. I'm not surprised. To further my frustration, it turns out that I could have watched the movie already...at home. The distributors have decided to make the films available for all major cable and satellite providers, which means I found it...in the MUSIC section...of Comcast On Demand. W.T.F.

True, there is an advantage to having this film so easily at my fingertips. It's free. I can be in the comfort of my own home. And I can take as many breaks as I need to digest the whole film; it's a little over four hours long so it's been divided into two parts. Ouch. I just really wanted to see something great at the movies this year, outside of the predictable blockbusters coming in a few months (HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE?!?! I'M IN THERE!). No big deal; I'll just grab some popcorn, Scuba, and curl up on my couch.

Guess I can simmer down those hopes of seeing a Black Panther motion picture in theaters, huh? Right.



(deuces.)

5 comments:

Namond said...

thats THAT dude.

Ziggy Za. said...

Yessir! You should watch the movie, so I'll have someone to review it with. :)

achoiceofweapons said...

Check this out. On You tube,
There are clips of Gary Dourdan plays Panther General George Jackson, and one on Assata Shukur called AKA Joanne Chesimard. They are both good.

Jaycee

Ziggy Za. said...

Jaycee-

You are now one of my favorite bloggers, lol. Thanks so much for the info, I'm trying to find Black August on DVD right now!

Little Miss Knobody said...

I've been waiting to see this as well